MY FAMILY Christmas 2010 Ratings Success
London 20 January 2011. MY FAMILY continues its tradition of being one of the featured programs on the BBC once Christmas Schedule and the viewers responded in droves.
- MY FAMILY was the most watched non-soap program of the day (Peak Audience):
|Coronation Street (ITV)|| ||10,020,000|
|Coronation Street (ITV)||9,624,000|
|MY FAMILY (BBC)||6,650,000|
|Chronicles of Narnia (BBC)||6,598,000|
|Have I Got News for You (BBC)||6,461,000|
- MY FAMILY viewership increased 44% over the course of the hour special.
- MY FAMILY outperformed the 2010 time period by 17%.
- 1.22 million more viewers watched the second half of MY FAMILY with guests Rolf Harris and Ainsley Harriot than watched ITV’s Paul O’Grady’s Christmas with Bette Midler and Cilla Black performing.
- The audience for MY FAMILY increased over each of its 4 quarter hours.
- Opposite the first half hour of MY FAMILY the 8:30 episode of Coronation Street lost 400,000 viewers from its 7:30 episode.
- The first 15 minutes of the lead-out program (QI) lost 1.2 million viewers from the last 15 minutes of MY FAMILY.
- MY FAMILY viewership increased 540,000 during the half hour against Coronation Street while Coronation Street lost 360,000 viewers.
About DLT Entertainment
With offices in London, New York and Los Angeles, DLT Entertainment Ltd. is engaged in every aspect of television distribution and production around the world, as well as stage production in the US and in the UK.
Founded in 1963 as a distribution company by Don Taffner Senior, the company added television production to its portfolio in 1977. DLT Entertainment has enjoyed terrific
success over the last forty plus years with legendary hits including the
multiple award-winning sitcom My
Family, As Time Goes
Company, Too Close For
Comfort and Meet My
Folks. In addition DLT has built a reputation as a leading distribution
company with classics such as The
Benny Hill Show, The World
at War, The Adventures of
Teddy Ruxpin, Chicken Soup
for the Soul, Cinema
Europe: The Other Hollywood and The Russ Abbot Show.
DLT Entertainment has recently announced an exciting deal in the UK to make Britain’s Favourite comedy, My Family, available to download on iTunes.
Back to About DLT Entertainment